US SOCIAL FORUM 2010
NNOMY Presents at the USSF in Detroit Workshops in Counter-recruitment.
Join NNOMY at the US Social Forum!
The 2010 US Social Forum will take place June 22-26 in downtown Detroit. The USSF will convene social movements from across the United States and globally.
This year's USSF is THE place to be - there will be nearly 1,500 organizations represented, over 1,000 workshops, nearly 50 People's Movement Assemblies (4 hour sessions designed to move forward common ground on an issue), and thousands of people converging in Detroit by car, plane, train, bus, and bicycle!
What is the US Social Forum?
The US Social Forum (USSF) is a movement building process. It is not a conference but it is a space to come up with the peoples’ solutions to the economic and ecological crisis. The USSF is the next most important step in our? struggle to build a powerful multi-racial, multi-sectoral, inter-generational, diverse, inclusive, internationalist movement that transforms this country and changes history.
We must declare what we want our world to look like and we must start planning the path to get there. The USSF provides spaces to learn from each other’s experiences and struggles, share our analysis of the problems our communities face, build relationships, and align with our international brothers and sisters to strategize how to reclaim our world.
- Stopping the Invasion of the Body Snatchers: an Introduction to Countering Military Recruitment
- Youth Organizing Against the War and Military Recruiters
- We Are Not Your Soldiers - Bringing Reality and Resistance into Classrooms with Anti-War Veterans
- Current context/common visions: Building antiwar strategy in the Obama era
- Blogging for Nonviolent Social Change
Member Organizations Participating:
- Last modifiedWednesday, 28 September 2011
- Hits6847 vues