National Counter-recruitment Directory
Veterans for Peace - Corvallis, Oregon
Issues you are working on:
- Veteran or military family based
Years in Operation: 6-10 yrs Summary describing your organization::
- Alternatives to the military
- College counter-recruitment work
- Conscientious objection
- Equal access for counter-recruitment
- NCLB recruiting list opt-out
- Pentagon Database (JAMRS)
- Limiting recruiter access to schools
- Recruiting vans/mobile exhibits
- Counter-recruitment organizer trainings
- School board policies and accountability monitoring
- General counter-recruitment education
Veterans For Peace, Inc. (VFP) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) educational and humanitarian organization dedicated to the abolishment of war.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We, having dutifully served our nation, do hereby affirm our greater responsibility to serve the cause of world peace. To this end we will work, with others
(a) Toward increasing public awareness of the costs of war.
(b) To restrain our government from intervening, overtly and covertly, in the internal affairs of other nations
(c) To end the arms race and to reduce and eventually eliminate nuclear weapons
(d) To seek justice for veterans and victims of war
(e) To abolish war as an instrument of national policy.
To achieve these goals, members of Veterans For Peace pledge to use non-violent means and to maintain an organization that is both democratic and open with the understanding that all members are trusted to act in the best interests of the group for the larger purpose of world peace.
We urge all people who share this vision to join us.
Our membership is comprised of veterans from all wars spanning from The Spanish Civil War to the Gulf War, and the Iraq War. These members are distributed amongst 135 nationwide chapters, and dozens of international affiliations.