Week of Giving | March 30 to April 4, 2015 | Fund Peace Making this Holy Week
Youth deserve the Full Picture on Military Recruitment
“My religion is based on truth and nonviolence” ? Mahatma Gandhi
Your donation to NNOMY supports the National Network Opposing the Militarization of Youth's efforts to balance the message of military recruiters in our public schools where minors are routinely taught militaristic values and primed for recruitment through Department of Defense school programs designed for youth. Making a financial contribution supports NNOMY's national demilitarization work with activist organizations inside middle and high schools.
“Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows." Martin Luther King, Jr.
Overhead is small and staffing is accomplished by dedicated volunteers. 100% of your donation goes to education outreach and supporting activists with support materials to engage in youth demilitarization work. Your donation funds national campaigns to raise awareness about the increasing militarization of our public schools, organizing activists materials for in-school presentations to educate students on the FULL PICTURE of military service, and our websites and social media channels, which receive 200 to 300 visits a day. NNOMY is the only network that performs a national networking role for counter-recruitment and youth demilitarization work.
“I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions.” ? Dorothy Day
(Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.)
through our fiscal sponsor Alliance for Global Justice. Make sure you select from the causes list, The National Network Opposing the Militarization of Youth (NNOMY), or make a check out to:
"NNOMY/AFGJ" and mail it to: AFGJ, 225 E. 26th St. Suite 1, Tucson, AZ 85713
NNOMY (National Network Opposing the Militarization of Youth) is a national networking body that brings together national, regional and local organizations to oppose the growing intrusion of the military in young people's lives.
Donate to NNOMY To:
- promote communication and sharing of organizing skills and resources with peace groups and activists working in the schools;
- stimulate collaboration between network members on projects that would advance our collective goals of school demilitarization;
- facilitate nationally coordinated actions and campaigns to increase awareness about the increasing role the Pentagon plays in our public schools;
- strengthen youth-led efforts on campuses and in communities to develop peace clubs and distribute alternatives to military recruitment; and
- educate the broader activist community and general public on the need to become involved in these counter-recruitment efforts
Thank you in advance for your patronage