Peace Veterans and Counter-recruiting
Peace Veterans have a long and diverse history of Truth in Recruitment and Counter-recruitment
Peace Veteran groups have been an important contributor to the history of Truth in Recruitment / counter-recruitment practice nationally with chapters and individuals raising public concerns about the culturally militarizing effect that Pentagon recruitment efforts have on our youth. Veterans for Peace and About Face veterans speak with authority to young people from personal experience and unapologetically raise their voices against the moral corruption of our war making complex.
Below are links to examples of Peace Veteran/Truth in Recruitment/Counter-recruitment activism around the country and an article archive of Peace Veteran community outreach related to demilitarization of our communities and schools:
VFP Counter-recruitment pages
- Veteran's for Peace U.S. National Truth in Recruitment Page
- CVP Education Not Militarization
- Veterans For Peace Corvallis - Truth in Recruiting
- VFP Chapter 92 Counter Recruiting Action Team
- VFP UK Don't Join the Army
Counter-recruitment News Reports
- Anti-war group's Memorial Day display highlights 'true cost' of war - San Diego Veterans for Peace, Memorial Day 2023
- Los Angeles Peace Week for Fleet Week 2022 - Random Lengths News
- Madison Veterans for Peace display Memorial - NBC 15
- NNOMY at the 2017 VFP Education Not Militarization Convention in Chicago - NNOMY News
Articles on the NNOMY website tagged "Veterans for Peace"
Articles on the NNOMY website tagged "VFP"
- Workshop - Counter Recruitment In Digital Spaces: Continuing The Veterans For Peace Legacy - 2022
- VFP Workshop - NNOMY Workshops on Organizing to Counter Recruiting and Demilitarize Schools - 2017
VFP Chapters in the National Directory
- About Face: Veterans Against the War / New York
- CNY Veterans For Peace
- Veterans for Peace Spokane - Chapter 035
- Veterans for Peace South Central Michigan - Chapter 93
- Veterans for Peace Detroit Metro - Chapter 74
- Veterans For Peace Corvallis - Chapter 132
- Veterans for Peace Nashville - Chapter 089
- Veterans for Peace Madison - Chapter 25
- Veterans for Peace Traverse City - Chapter 50
- Veterans For Peace Ventura County - Chapter 112
- Veterans For Peace National USA
Veterans For Peace Great Britain
- Veterans For Peace National Great Britain (2011 - 2022)
- Don't join the army - Veterans for Peace - 2016
- Action Man: Battlefield Casualties - VFPUK - 2015
- War Resisters' League Counter Recruitment
- Veterans Unite with Poor People's Campaign
- NNOMY 2017 VFP Workshop
Dimitri Lascaris - Story Transcript DIMITRI LASCARIS: This is Dimitri Lascaris reporting for The Real News Network from the port in Naples, Italy. I’m seated here with Ann Wright, in front of the one of the ships to Gaza on the 2018 Freedom Flotilla. Ann is a retired United States Army colonel. She’s a former United States diplomat who resigned in protest over the war in Iraq. And she is a peace ...
Alex Presha and Brie Stimson - President Trump answered this question: "Is Russia still targeting the U.S., Mr. President?" with "Thank you very much, no." President Trump is facing a backlash from ...
Anthony Douglas - We love comfort. Do we love peace? That’s the question Ed Flaherty poses. You’ll have seen Flaherty at the downtown Friday Peace Rally, which has been happening nearly weekly for ...
Editor’s note: This commentary is by Richard Czaplinski, of Warren, a U.S. Navy veteran who is the recently elected president of Will Miller Green Mountain Veterans For Peace, Chapter 57. “I’m for ...