Winning The Peace
A National High School Intervention
For participating organizations:
Winning the Peace is a national leafleting campaign.
NNOMY is working with War Resisters League to distribute palm cards at high schools that will direct youth to online resources that they can access on their mobile devices. This information and additional links will assist them in answering the questions they will have about the realities of military enlistment that they will not hear from military recruiters, and direct them to non-military alternatives to achieve their future educational and career goals.
Go There: http://winningthepeace.org/
If we stay on message and return to our adopted schools every school year, we will have an impact by engaging our schools, families and youth in a deeper discussion about what it means to be in the military during this time of unending conflicts.
This moment has never been more important, with increasing Pentagon programs in primary, middle and secondary schools, to ask young people to question the normalization of our wars and the risks and impacts that military enlistment can have on their lives and those around them.
Please talk with your group and decide to join in a national intervention to reach young people before they are directed into future violent conflicts.
Resources to Get Started ...
- Winning The Peace Mobile website
- Guide to High School Leafleting and Petitioning
- How to Handle Difficult Questions
- For questions regarding your First Amendment right to leaflet, refer to the instructions in the guide above. If legal issues arise, consult with your regional American Civil Liberties Chapter or National Lawyers Guild Chapter. They often can provide assistance and answer questions about any local or state laws that address the distribution of literature in a public area.
Pamphlets and Palm Cards for Distribution
- Winning the Peace / Palm Card for high school leafleting
The War Resisters' League Palm Cards, Questions to Consider, are now available for purchase in bulk for those groups interested in participating in the national Winning The Peace leafleting of high schools now commencing on November 14th, 2016 for the War Resisters' International Week of Actions. You can order them at: https://www.warresisters.org/store/questions-consider
- Courage to Resist, Berkeley California
- Fox Valley Citizens for Peace and Justice, Elgin Illinois
- Long Beach Recruitment Awareness Project, Long Beach, California
- Northwest Suburban Peace & Education Project, Chicago Illinois
- Project on Youth & Non-Military Opportunities (Project YANO), San Diego, California
- Truth in Recruiting (TIR) of Community Alliance of Lane County, Eugene Oregon
- Truth in Recruitment, Santa Barbara, California
- War Resisters' League (WRL), National USA
- Veterans For Peace, Linus Pauling Chapter (VFP), Corvallis Oregon
- Veterans for Peace Chapter 089 (VFP), Nashville Tennesee
Add Your Group
or call 619.798.8335 Tuesday and Thursday 12 Noon to 7pm Pacific Standard Time
Revised FC 10/10/2023